Tuesday, March 29, 2011

England pics

I promised I would post some pictures of my recent trip to England. I had to go to England for work but was able to take a couple days off with my coworkers and see London again. There isn't anything special from the London, we got to see a lot of the same sites I had visited before. The unique part of this trip is I got to travel all the way there through France and Belgium and stay overnight in England before continuing on to work. We stayed at a very interesting hotel called the Hotel Mercure, Hythe Imperial. The Hythe Imperial is a very old hotel that sits right on the water of the English Channel. Hythe was a very nice town that has a long canal that runs through it that was used as a defensive measure during World War II. The restaurants in England were excellent including the one in the picture below called the King's Head. I usually ordered the Steak and Guinness pie which was really good. I know Kacie would have loved it in England but I remember her always wanting to go to France because of their culinary appreciation and lifestyle. I am pretty sure she would have liked most places in Europe though because everything is really old and has so much more history and style than most places in the states. Here are the pictures...



















3 comments:

Gary New said...

As we say here on the island, you're trip was bodacious.

Natalie said...

love the pics jeff. the pebble beach looks beautiful and calm.

Nancy said...

Your pictures are just beautiful Jeff. Thanks for posting them. You're right, Kacie would have loved it.