Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our Last Several Minutes With Kacie

We had dinner in Catonsville at Mathew's Restaurant with Kacie and she drove us back to Mimi's house in her new car. I happened to see this new Crosley record and disc player that Kacie had just bought and I asked her to play us a record. She chose an old sixites album by the Lovin' Spoonful and played us this song-"Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?" When it ended she immediately walked back to her bedroom and that was the last that we saw of her. This song haunts me every time I hear it but it makes me happy to think that at least I influenced her to enjoy oldies music. Kacie was taken to the hospital four days later.

2 comments:

Rissy said...

I'd never heard this song before, but it will certainly give me an eerie feeling if I hear it again. I do think it's great though that your last moment with her revolved around some 60's music. :) You definitely taught her well.

Natalie said...

i never heard this song before either. must have been a newer record she bought.