Monday, May 12, 2014

Best Shark Day Ever

Jeff.  You should have been there.

I caught 10 nice sharks at Kacie's Island this afternoon and probably lost another 10.  Most of them were sand tigers around 4 feet long but 2 of them went 5 feet.  The biggest was a hammerhead.  They hit best at the beginning of the incoming tide.  I used cut mullet for bait and fished in about 10 feet of water at the tip of the island.  This spot is 5 miles out in the ocean off of the southern tip of Hilton Head and is where I caught a 34 inch red drum last week.

Try these techniques on the Japanese sharks and send me some pictures.  Unfortunately, my photographer was not with me today.

Old Man

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Sounds great Gary! Can't wait to get back out there sometime. I just got back from Alaska and the weather hasn't been good enough to go out on the water here in Okinawa. I am also leaving the country again in less than a week. Keep posting the awesome pics!

Jeff