Friday, November 26, 2010

Hilton Head Turkey Cruise (Incredible Coincidence)

We took this boat for a Thanksgiving cruise of the intracoastal waterway around the island yesterday.
Our table was next to the window and we were gazing at the lighthouse next to us where I scattered Kacie's ashes. We were talking about her when a young girl around 24 walked up to our table and said "hi, I'm Kacie and I'll be taking care of you." It was our waitress and when we composed ourselves, Nancy asked her how she spelled her name and it was of course the same as our Kacie.

Here Beebs is doing her version of a great scene from the movie Titanic.






2 comments:

Nancy said...

At dinner, I was laughing about the story about Kacie winning the enormous turkey at Martins in Eldersburg (I think) and she never cooked it. Everytime she moved to a new place, she dragged the turkey with her. Finally, on her last move to Mimi's house, the turkey ended up there in her freezer. I really can't remember what happened to the turkey after that!

I also remember the time when she wanted to cook a turkey dinner togheter for Jeff and Gary. She was a vegetarian at the time so we also had a tofu turkey. We laughed the whole time, and the turkey turned out so dry, Im suprised Jeff and Gary ate it! The funniest part was when she decided to dress up in one of my old black dresses and high heels and came down the stairs to suprise us. Knowing Kacie just seeing her in that old dress and all of her funny expressions, was hilarous. She had me in tears we were laughing so much. I dont remember having a picture of this, but maybe we will be lucky enough to find one.
I wonder if Jeff remembers this.

Natalie said...

Haha. yes it was the martins in eldersburg and how can i forget lugging that thing around freezer to freezer. haha.

i also remember you guys going to turf valley a few times and jordans for thanksgiving.

i like your titantic impression made me laugh.

sounds like you had a good time on the cruise and kacie got to say hello. i do believe she is taking care of us and watching over.