Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the Dunes by Sarah Teasdale
















Today, Larissa came over my house. We were searching through several poetry books I have to try and find a reading for my wedding. While we did not find a poem that we liked for a wedding in any of the books, I stumbled across this poem that reminded me of Kacie, Ocean City and the Dunes Manor.

On the Dunes by Sarah Teasdale (1884-1933)

If there is any life when death is over,
These tawny beaches will know much of me,
I shall come back, as constant and as changeful
As the unchanging, many-colored sea.

If life was small, if it has made me scornful,
Forgive me; I shall straighten like a flame
In the great calm of death, and if you want me
Stand on the sea-ward dunes and call my name.

2 comments:

Gary New said...

Amazing!!! This was written for Kacie. She and I shared nothing in common except for our love of the sea.

Nancy said...

This is a beautiful picture of Kacie. I haven't seen it before. The poem is very touching.