Friday, August 1, 2008

Live Music Events with Kace

Anyone have any other concerts they attended with Kacie? I know Gary mentioned the Frankie Valli shows (I actually bought one of his cd's out here and I really like it). I have a list and something tells me this isn't all of them but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I also think Natalie mentioned she got to see Cat Power. I am glad she got to see her because she has been a huge fan of hers since before I even knew her. I wish she could have seen Hayden too. He is Canadian and doesn't tour hardly anywhere and she always talked about how bad she wanted to see him.

Weezer - Athens, Georgia: They had two huge screens on each side of the stage. Before the show started, there must have been someone walking around with a camera filming everyone walking into the arena. During the show, the screens played those shots from earlier on video during "the sweater song" and sure enough there we were on the big screen, kacie and I were famous for a few short seconds.

Juliana Theory - Jacksonville, FL

Bright Eyes - 9:30 club Washington D.C. : There were some other bands there that I don't remember but there was this solo guitartist/ singer that kacie and I thought looked like one of Ben Stiller's sons in the Royal Tenenbaums.

Radiohead - Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD: This is the single best show I have ever been to. Especially because Kacie was with me. The tickets went on sale out front of the pavilion I think a few months before the show. The ticket office opened at 10:00 am. When I got there, there was a long line of people waiting to buy their tickets. Then the ticketing agent came outside and stated they were doing a drawing of numbers for the best spot in line. Out of a hundred people, I ended up being second in line. People wanted to fight me because I hadn't even been there ten minutes and I was now second in line. We had seats in Row S and practically directly center of the stage. The show was right after they released their Hail to the Thief album which was kacie's favorite Radiohead album.

Modest Mouse, Cake, De La Soul, and the Flaming Lips - Philadelphia, PA at the Mann Center: Second best show I have been to. Kacie and I are huge fans of Modest Mouse and we had to go because they don't tour the east coast that often. Kacie and I drove to Philadelphia and got stuck in traffic in the city. Kacie had to use the bathroom really bad and there was nothing we could do because the traffic wasn't moving and there was no where to pull off. She was miserable! We made it there in plenty of time and the show was great.

Those are the only ones I can remember now.

5 comments:

Gary New said...

We took Kacie to see the Beach Boys perform on the beach at Ocean City. It was awesome.

We also took her to see the Drifters perform at the Fenwick Inn.

But of course, nothing compared to the Frankie Valli concerts. Kacie was raised on his music and I think she secretly liked him.

Glad to hear you bought one of his cds. He had 50 charted hits and was ranked as #6 on Rolling Stone Magazines list of the greatest rock stars. Frankie Valli is the king of rock.

Rissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes we went to see Cat Power at the 9:30 club in dc. Larissa was there too.

Kacie and I had bought radiohead tickets for Nissan Pavillion. The concert was May 11, 2008.

Unfortunatley, Kacie wasn't able to go. I had never seen Radiohead before. Kacie was soooo excited to go and told me how amazing of a show they put on. The concert was outdoors and was POURING down rain! It was so uncomftorable and I could not even stand the whole concert.

She also went to Field Day in new york with Amanda, Erin, Jeanine, Tess, Shadd, Heather and Carmen. Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Bright Eyes, My Morning Jacket and Elliott Smith were there.

She also saw Beck play in Philadelphia I remember.

Jeff said...

I am glad she got to see Beck in her lifetime. She was in love with that guy.

Gary New said...

I went to Youtube and watched several Cat Power performances. Actually, she's pretty good.

I just happened to remember, we had tickets to see Frankie Valli at Wolf Trap in Vienna, Va. last September and it looked like Nancy wouldn't be able to attend so Kacie actually said she would like to go with me but Nancy went instead.

As I go through Kacie's music collection, I see that she really liked the music from the sixties, my era. I constantly played the great groups around her and it had good results.