Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More OC Pictures






More photos from the weekend from the little digital camera here- -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandajaffe/sets/72157606569012753/

I had a great time this past weekend. Theres not to much more to add to what Natalie and Larissa said about it besides that I feel very lucky that I found good friends from Kacie's passing. It's making me feel like I can make up for how little I actually saw Kacie in the last year of her life.

Like Natalie and Larissa's stories on the Jetty, I had my own idea of Kacie visiting us out there.
After seeing Natalie's name carved in the rocks we walked back down and I asked Natalie if I could take a photo of her sitting on the rocks with the boardwalk behind her. As soon as she sat down, not one, but a whole bunch of big waves kept spashing both of us. I just kept laughing because it seemed like such a Kacie thing. Splashing both of us when we were relaxed. Like when she would squeeze your leg out of nowhere and yell "Monkey bite!". It was always annoying, but always funny.

Anyway. We'll see if any of the film I took out on the jetty turns out. I'll post some photos if they do.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Amanda,

The pictures are priceless. The ones out on the jetty at nite with the lites of OC in the background were amazing. Thank you!

It sounds like all of you felt Kacie's presence and she would have been so happy to know that you went to Ocean City in her memory.

Gary New said...

We're going to blow up some of these pictures and frame them. We'll put them on the walls of Kacie's bedroom.

amanda said...

Gary - Let me know if you want bigger files for the photos, they are maybe a little small. I could even make some prints for you if you'd like.

Gary New said...

How about a collage of prints? Several of you gals together and some jetty scenes, especially jetty night scenes with o.c. in the backgroud.

Natalie said...

amanda thank you so much for being our vacation photographer. The photos are great. I can't wait to see if the ones from the 4x5 camera turned out. I had a great time with you and Larissa too and I also feel really grateful to have become closer with some new friends.