Monday, May 25, 2009

A Day With Kacie

I had this dream early this morning. I took a day off from work and it was a Tuesday. Kacie was about seven or eight years old.

Kacie and I took a kayak trip to Daufuskie Island. This island is just across the intracoastal waterway from Hilton Head. As we approached the island, a hugh wave capsized our kayaks. We swam to shore and walked along the beach until we somehow got back to Hilton Head. People on the beach told us that they had heard us screaming as the big wave was approaching us. Kacie then took me shopping in the historic district of Ellicott City. From there we visited the row house where I spent my childhood in Catonsville. When we looked out from the second floor, I was surprised to see the ocean in the distance.

I can only remember a lot of laughter but nothing of our conversations. The interesting thing about the dream is that for several months I've been dreaming about walking through an old town and being dazzled by all of the historic buildings. I now realize that it was Ellicott City that I was visiting in my dreams.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Gary, this dream sounds wonderful! I am glad you were able to spend so much time with Kacie. She loved the shops of Ellicott city. We use to frequent the antique shops quite often.