Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Strange Boating Experience











Natalie,
Last weekend we had an experience that was just as incredible as your Enchanted Forest experience. We decided to take our boat to a new community called Palmetto Bluff. It is absolutely beautiful and has been rated as the number community in the U.S. by Travelers Magazine. It's about a half hour trip from our island and is located on the beautiful May River in Blufton, S.C. We had lunch and walked around for a couple of hours and were just blown away by the beauty. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking that it would have been great to have Kacie with us to see this place. She would have loved it.
Let me backtrack. As you know, we are going to name our boat Sweet Pea in Kacie's memory. We finally got our registration from the state and will be lettering the boat with the name shortly. The company that you found for lettering is located right behind our house here on the island. I've told several long time boaters in the area what we planned to name our boat and they all told me that they had never seen another boat with that name.

Back to the story. As we were walking back to the dock, Kacie was on my mind. I was about to step into our boat when I looked across the dock and saw this boat named Sweet Pea. I got cold chills and Nancy couldn't believe it either.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

This is amazing as well. It looks Kacie wants to say hello

Natalie said...

wow... that is weird. did it say on the boat the town it was from?