Thursday, October 9, 2008

BINGO

Tonight I had the pleasure of going to Bingoworld off of Hanover Street Just within the city line... Boy let me tell you there were some characters there. The only time I have ever gone to a bingo hall before was with Kacie. We went to a Bingo place off of Route 40 near Westview. I found out tonight it is no longer there... they turned it into an asian market - another thing Kacie loved as we all know. Anyways, the people I saw tonight were just fascinating... Kacie and I talked about doing a documentary on Bingo. The lifers. The old ladys who had been going since who knows when. The ones that never leave. Anyway... my experience with Kacie at this bingo hall was hysterical. It was before they had passed the smoking ban in Maryland. Since most of the bingo players are smokers the whole huge big room was a smoking room and then they had a little itty bity tiny room to the side that was for non smokers. We wanted the full experience so we played in the smoking room. Desiree and Jade (friends of Kacie's from mid evil times) were there too. The smoke was sooooo thick in the room you could barely read the cards on your table. But we had a blast! I remember during intermission Kacie and I went snooping around trying to find a scooby snack and to our delight there was a snack line in the back area with all home made cakes by the old ladies!! It was absolutely delicious! I think I got something with coconut... I don't remember exactly. We always talked about going back there just to go eat the food. But once we got out of Bingo that night our eyes were burning so bad and we felt so sick from all the smoke that I think we decided maybe it wasn't worth it. Playing Bingo tonight smoke free, came so close to winning almost twice, lost 20 bucks, only ate nachos... no cake, I think I decided again that it was not worth it to go back.... UNLESS I finally make that documentary Kacie and I wanted to do... maybe I would call it "Baltimore Bingo Babes"

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Loved the Bingo Babe picture. Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry you didn't win, but sounds like you got your moneys worth with all the entertainment. I wish i would have gotten a chance to go to Bingo with her. There aint no bingo here on Hilton Head.