Thursday, September 18, 2008

tubby time book

As some of you may know, Kacie was not very big on taking showers. She loved to take "tubbys." I am not sure why she liked taking tubs over showers. I always prefer showers. I take a bath maybe 3 times a year. I normally save it for a special time when I feel like just relaxing and letting the stress roll off. However, Kacie loved to do this all the time. I remember one time her telling me how much she loved tubs and how she could sit in the bath tub for hours just chilling out doing nothing. She also talked about how she loved just living in her apartment in sykesville and how sometimes if it wasn't for having to go out and buy food she could stay there for a very long time taking tubbys and reading books in complete solitude and being completely satisfied. 
This photo was taken by Lindsey. It is a picture of Kacie in her bathtub in Sykesville. Lindsey and Kacie were having a wine night and taking glamorous photos of themselves with wine glasses. The day after Kacie and Lindsey had this photo session, Kacie and I hung out somewhere and she told me all about it. She also told me all about her art idea for a coffee table book. She wanted to make a whole book of photography of different artistic portraits of people in the tub, taking bubble baths, acting silly or serious, black and white photos and some color, some fashion photo style- like the one of kacie above. I thought it was a cute idea. Maybe some day someone or a couple people could make a book like this for her as a collaborative. Amanda and Vince are the photographers.  

5 comments:

Nancy said...

She definitely loved the tubby!

Gary New said...

When Kacie was just a baby we always used the expression tubby. It caught on and Kacie used it her whole life and Nancy and I still take our tubbys.

Jeff said...

kacie did love the tubby. Even if she took a shower, she would just leave the shower running and just sit down in the tub for a really long time.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the tubby book idea!
Kacie used to always tell me the story of time when she still had her long luxurious hair, she was taking a tubby and her hair got caught in the drain. I stil laugh when I think about it.