Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"the circles"

i was talking with my brother, ricky, today about kacie. ricky came to see kacie when she was in the hospital. Ricky and Kacie always got along really well and would tell jokes with each other for hours. They are probably the two favorite people in my life and I was so happy that I could hang out with both of them at the same time and have a blast.
In any case I was telling Ricky about River Road he got onto the blog and i showed him the river road pics. He then asked me what the story was about the circle. I told him how there was the circle in the water and then the one through the clouds with jeff. he thought that was really amazing.
then later on i was looking at one of the cards we made for kacies memorial service. it has the poem "Love" typed on the back.
I found it really interesting... and thought of the poem a little bit differently.

Love, perhaps more science than romance.
Invisible yet quantifiable matter > the clouds jeff saw
it might evaporate and float away > the clouds again and/or the water in the river
fall elsewhere,
freeze, boil; > the river was frozen around the circle that day at river rd
it could circulate in the blood,
bitter as an infection,
benevolent as a nutrient.
Clear, tangible.
It died. It was born.



2 comments:

Nancy said...

i liked your analysis of her poem.
your idea was very original.

she was such a good writer.

i also remember kacie telling me about your brother and what a good times you guys had together.

Jeff said...

Natalie, this is very interesting. It is just like what I just realized with the poem Nancy posted a while back. It's amazing how natural views can make you think about the things you love.