Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recordings

We have about six of Kacie's messages on our land phone along with a message from Jeff in Iraq telling us that he was on his way to the hospital. I like to hear Kacie's voice so I listen to them on a regular basis in her room. I plan to eventually have the messages put on a cd. One of them is from 6:22 pm on her last night of consciousness. She was obviously very intoxicated that early in the evening.

Last night, I dreamed that I was listening to these recordings and Nancy was in the room with me. Kacie began to talk with me over the phone and I told Nancy what was happening and she was very excited but wouldn't come near the phone. Kacie and I talked for a while and she seemed very happy but then I asked her if she had a job and she stopped talking. There was silence for a while and then I asked her how she planned to make money and I lost the connection.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Gary,
are the messages on a answering machine tape or are they on voicemail that you have to access calling from your phone. My boyfriend specializes in recording. That is what he went to school for. Depending on what the messages are on I could talk to him about transfering it to a cd for you. I would love to hear them one day.