Monday, January 26, 2009

daffodils


Kacie once told me her favorite flower was Daffodils. She had talked about having them as the flowers at her wedding but I think she decided against them because the bright yellow didn't really go with the theme and the bridesmaids dresses. I was thinking about maybe planting some by the rock on River road on the side. I am not exactly the smartest at gardening. I have struggled keeping plants alive all my life. Even cactuses. Is there anyone else out there whom has advice on this? Or would want to help me plant them?



3 comments:

Gary New said...

A great idea.

Daffodils are easy. Plant them in the sun and they need lots of water like next to a river. The bulbs will keep producing for many years. Plant the bulbs atleast three inches deep.

I would help you if I could get up there but it could be several months. Get a bag of bulbs at Wal Mart and there will be instructions for your area.

Please post pictures as they grow.

Nancy said...

Hey Natalie.
I remember her telling me that too.
They are beautiful flowers and what a nice idea to plant them at River Road.
I am going to plant some here also.
Thanks for the idea.

Vincent said...

I can help. I was going to go there the other day on my way to work but the highway was shut down from an accident and i was stuck in traffic for 20 minutes so i just had to head to work so I wouldn't be late. I'll probably stop by this weekend.