Saturday, January 3, 2009

"The Way We were"

When I was over Mimi's house on Gary and Nancy's recent trip they allowed me to take some of Mimi's old artwork that use to hang in her house. One of the pictures I took was a picture that use to hang in Mimi's bathroom. It is a line drawing of a interior of a bathroom. it has black and white checkered floor and the medicine cabinet on the wall with striped wallpaper. It is a very cute picture. it has little personal belongings drawn of whomever's bathroom it is. Written at the bottom of the drawing is " The Way We Were" Kacie always loved this piece of art. I remember her saying to me once how she thought the text/title of the piece was so cute. So when I saw this piece of artwork in the pile of stuff they were getting rid of I decided to take it and put it in my bathroom. When I was going to hang it I looked on the back of the piece of art and there is a sticker that says "Famous Ocean Gallery, Boardwalk & 2nd Sts. Ocean City, MD 21842" This is one of Kacie's favorite ocean city landmarks! I was really blown away.
http://www.oceangallery.com/
I will publish a picture of the piece as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a great experience. Im glad you took the picture. I had forgotten the story behind the picture but now I remember that when Kacie was young, we used to take Mimi along to Ocean City with us on our trips. She must have gotten it then, which was a long time ago.