Friday, January 2, 2009

Kacie at Lisbon Elementary

I just found this article online and it includes a picture of Kacie at Lisbon elementary. I can't find the actual picture that is mentions but I will work to obtain a copy. Here is what the article says and it is dated 30 October 1992.

"PHOTO; SOURCE: KIM HAIRSTON/STAFF PHOTO; Kacie New, 9, of Lisbon Elementary School and Mary Lee Acker of Columbia share a moment after Kacie and some of her classmates sang and read poetry at a senior Halloween party held at the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department."

Here is the link to the Howard Sun archive article : http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/baltsun/access/113519536.html?dids=113519536:113519536&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Oct+30%2C+1992&author=Alan+J.+Craver&pub=The+Sun&desc=%5BHeadline+Missing%5D+Man+enters+plea+agreement+in+racial+incident&pqatl=google

6 comments:

Gary New said...

Amazing that you found this article. Nancy just told me that she has the picture which reminds me, I plan to get a digital camera and put pictures on this site of Kacie's room and her hundreds of possessions. Hope to do this soon

Natalie said...

Jeff this is amazing. however the link you listed goes to another article. not the one about Kacie. I would love to see the photo.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

wow, cant believe you found that.
I am pretty sure i still have the picture, but will let you know.
i think she was dressed up like a clown that day.

Jeff said...

I don't think there was an article about Kacie, I think there was just one of those "by itself" type pictures that they put on that page of the paper. Hopefully Nancy can find that newspaper article, otherwise the only way I think I can get a copy of that newspaper is by buying an 85 dollar black and white reprint of it. I am really interested to see it!

Gary New said...

Nancy found the picture stored away in a closet upstairs and we'll post it shortly.