Friday, July 11, 2008

about "Hospital"

On May 27th Natalie posted a blog by this title, with a black and white photograph of some foliage. I saw this blog for the first time this week and knew I could provide an answer to it. The photograph was taken at Henryton Hospital right outside of Sykesville. I know this because I was there when my friend Shimpei took this photograph. That is where I have primarily photographed for the last two years (that is when I actually do some work) and my friend was in town and wanted to see the hospital and take some photographs. It was November and it was quite cold. We actually left because the cold was giving me a headache. After he posted his photograph on MySpace Kacie saw it and told me she really liked it. I guess she really did since she imported it to her computer. For some time Kacie had asked me to take her to the hopital so she could see it for herself. I finally did take her there in early February. It was cold out that day too. I remember I told her she should bundle up because once you get inside the buildings it's even colder. The buildings are like tombs. Most of the rooms never see but a few minutes of direct sun, and whatever the temperature is outside it is always colder once you get inside. Kacie didn't take my advice and she was cold so we didn't stay for too long. I remember when we were walking around she told my I was crazy for going in the Hospital by myself. I'm really glad that I took her there when I did so she at least had the opportunity to see the Hospital for herself. She even took a photographs of her own with her cellphone camera :)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Vince,
thanks for solving the mystery about the picture. its a beautiful picture and i can see why she liked it so much. Great hearing from you.

Natalie said...

vince,

thanks for that info... that makes sense now.

can you also remember anything about the july 4th blog by larissa or the gravity hill blog... i know you and kacie went there one time... what happened?