Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Excercise/ Diet Memories


Kacie was always on some sort of new excercise or diet and was very good at having a lot of her friends join her. She always was reading "Womans World" or "Ladies Home Journal" I always made fun of her for this.We always laughed together at the covers of these magazines because it always was the same crazy looking woman on the front cover with like a big cupcake or something but then its all about dieting. But she loved reading the diet tips in there and they had some good recipes I think.
 
What dieting/ excercising memories do you have with Kacie?

3 comments:

Rissy said...

she got me to go on the Idiot Diet with her a few times. that was the one where you could eat huuuuuge portions, but only of really specific foods. so we would have days where all we could eat was slices of ham and cashews. and she always dreaded fruit and vegetable day...that one is pretty self-explanatory.

not that long ago she started bugging me to go on walks with her in mimi's neighborhood. the one time we actually got all geared up to go was i think the time that her tire went flat in front of her house, and we ended up spending most of the day fixing that. i could be combining two memories there...but the bottom line is...we never made it to the walk!

Nancy said...

that had to be one of Kacie's hobbies, trying to decide which diet to try next. It seems she always had a battle with her weight. The last ones i remember were Weight Watchers and the Warrior Diet.
She always wanted to write for a food/beverage magazine, and she would have been great.

amanda said...

When Kacie was a sophomore in high school she (and then I) went on the cabbage soup diet. I would always snack on her cabbage soup during lunch because I never remembered to bring anything. A few days into it Kacie was glad to give up the soup to me. It seemed like an easy way to loose weight so I had my mom make a big batch of the soup too.
Kacie and I went to Longhorn Steak house on our "meat night" of the diet. I think we both cheated pretty bad, especially me who ordered a giant cheese steak with french fries. I think Kacie still lost 10 pounds during the course of that one. I doubt I lost anything.