Sunday, July 6, 2008

Orangish Reddish Brown Notebook

Among Kacie's many books, diaries, notebooks, etc. I found a little notebook that measures 4 inches by six inches and has an orangish reddish brown suede cover. On the inside cover there's a message from Janine Caforo wishing her success in the future. Apparently she gave this to Kacie at her high school graduation. Interestingly, there is nothing written on its many pages but in the center of the book there are five pages with pencil sketches. The first two pages have sketches of small birds, the third page is a young girl wearing an Old Navy shirt, the fourth page is an excellent sketch of what appears to be a young boy in a seated postion, and the last page is an amazing sketch of Kacie with her name next to the drawing. Kacie did not have the talent to do these drawings. Does anyone know who the artist is? Natalie, my guess is that it was you.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Gary,
I am not sure if I was responsible for these drawings... it is possible they could have been from a long time ago and I am not remembering. Maybe you could scan them in or make some copies and send them to me. I am very curious now!

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about giving that to Kacie for graduation!
I have a feeling the sketches might be our friend Tess... she does a lot of rough pencil sketches that look like masterpieces and is really good at quickly capturing someone perfectly... There's a good chance that it was her.