Saturday, June 21, 2008

Balderdash




As I was falling asleep last night, I was feeling really sad about Kacie...and wishing I had more things to remember her by....

suddenly I remembered that I had the board game, Balderdash in my car. Anyone who's seen my car knows that it's a giant trash heap, and stuff just accumulates in there. I was pretty certain that the last time I played that game, I was with Kacie. It was late at night, and I told myself that first thing in the morning I'd go get the game out of the car, and hoped that there might be some little Kacie memories inside.

Well, as you can probably tell from the above pictures, I found some. Unfortunately, these were all I found. For anyone who doesn't know, Balderdash was (I think) Kacie's favorite game. Basically, everyone is given a word (or in certain versions a wacky law, or a name or date), and then everyone has to come up with a definition for the word; only one person knows the real definition. You have to be pretty creative to play the game, because it's all about bluffing and fooling other people. Kacie was really good. 

The answers above kind of lose their humor when you don't know what word or name (or whatever) they're referring to....but they're scrawled in that familiar chicken-scratch, and it's nice to see. 

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i love kacie's handwriting haha

Gary New said...

That sure was Kacie's handwriting. Trying to read some of Kacie's journals is like reading a foreign language. She had a little trouble with spelling but had a great talent of being able to put words together to express herself.

Nancy said...

i remember her telling me about how much she loved to play that game. She mentioned playing with you and a few other friends all the time.
that's a great memory. she also said she liked the game Cranium alot.