Friday, June 27, 2008

The Truth About Chloe The Chinchilla

That quiet little chinchilla that everyone seems to be interested in was a real troublemaker. It used to bite me on a regular basis but never attacked Kacie. Believe it or not, it had a great craving for cork. I found this out when I felt sorry for it being locked up in a cage and gave it the free run of our garage. Unfortunately, fishing rods have cork handles and it actually ate large areas of my favorite fishing rods. But the strangest thing about Chloe was her ability to jump straight up in the air. I'm not talking about a running leap, but she could actually jump straight up from a seated position and hit me on the chest.

It just got to the point when Chloe had to go. Kacie willingly gave her to a very wealthly friend of hers and we later heard that Chloe was given to a pet shop. She had been gone from us for about a year and I visited our local pet shop and there she was with a different name.

No comments: